11.20.2010

Candlestick Transformation

I'm working on my tablescape for Thanksgiving...I have a great tablecloth that I'm excited to use. It's kind of busy, so I'm wanting more simple items for the centerpiece and place settings.

I found these candlesticks for $1.50 each at goodwill the other day.






I liked the shape and the height, but they were not the color I was going for.
I brought them home and went to work.
I started by spraying them with some nickel-colored spray paint I found in the garage.



Then, I created a glaze by watering-down some black paint I already had. I painted it on,



then wiped it off to bring down the shine and get the "older" look I wanted. Here, you can see one candlestick finished next to the shinier one.



Here is the end result!




Easy, quick, "new" candlesticks for $3 and an hour (including drying) of time!


2 comments:

  1. Love them! The black overlay makes a world of difference too..great job!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think!