6.02.2011

Uganda Bound

I know, I know. I've fallen off the blogging wagon again. Let's just call things like we see them and say this is a new normal for now, shall we?


The kids are out of school. The weather is slooooowly, but surely, warming. My house is messy. I'm behind on laundry.


And it's all okay. My kids are loving their new stay-up-later, sleep-in-later schedule. Brad and I aren't complaining about it either!


AND I'm leaving for Uganda in 2 days!


I am so excited about all that God is going to do through these 2 weeks!


I am enjoying getting to know the members of our team a bit...I'm excited about travel days full of talking and learning life stories. Their energy and laughter are contagious.


I am looking forward to seeing new things, smelling new things, tasting new things. I am preparing myself to be amazed.


I can't wait to hold some Ugandan children. My heart races even typing those words.


Mostly, I am looking forward to this time with my Creator. This trip is His gift to me. I am so thankful and overwhelmed.


I'll be honest and say that I'm not looking forward to saying goodbye to my wonderful, supportive, amazing husband and our 5 little squeezes. Paige and Brooke both cried yesterday, realizing my trip is so close. It was all I could do not to join them. We are all thankful for this opportunity, and excited for things that will occur (they have some fun things planned, too!), but it will be heart-wrenching to say goodbye. And not hold them and kiss them for 2 weeks. I'm going to miss talking to my best friend everyday. I think I might just journal like crazy and make him sit through me reading it all to him when I get back!


Please pray...


for our team...for health, for safety, for perseverance, for heart transformations.


for the Ugandan people...for softened hearts and new revelation of God's amazing love for them.


for our family...for comfort and peace, strength, patience and endurance.


I'll be a better blogger when I get back (for a few days at least *wink*) and post some pics and updates!


Love to you all,

2 comments:

  1. My heart is full for you, Andrea! :) How awesome to see how God brings dreams He has put in our heart to fruition and begins His work in ways we can see!! I'll be praying for safe travels and 2 weeks full of rich experiences and miracles. It's going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you, my friend!!! A moment of destiny!! Soak it all in as I know you will! God is watching over you and your family. Don't worry about us back home...be absorbed completely in Him!! I'm praying for you! You'll get to see with the eyes of Jesus and be His arms, his heart, his feet. How amazing is that?! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think!