12.30.2009

In My Next 10 yrs

I know, I'm jumping things a bit...but, it's the end of 2009, which means we're heading into a new decade!

This also means I am 10 yrs older...my birthday happens to be New Year's Eve.

Which also means I've been married to Mr. Wonderful for 10 years! A decade! Yes, we got married on my birthday. The best birthday present EVER!!

We have had 5 babies in the last decade...a season which I *think* is now over. I've now been pregnancy-free for 19 months! The longest stretch in our marriage.

I feel I'm just now finding out who I am.

I was young when we got married. I had a lot to learn about marriage, communication and healthy relationships.

I had been walking with Jesus 4 years and was still learning a lot about what it means to be a Christian (I am still learning a lot!!).

I married into ministry. This has been such a blessing and source of growth for me. It has also created some challenges I was not prepared for. It took several years for me to even figure out what being a pastor's wife really meant. Now that I feel I have some idea, I am working (with grace) to do it the best I can.

I had babies...and more babies. And when I thought I was done, I had another baby! I do think A LOT of the past 10 yrs have been an exhaustion-induced fog. I had times when it was all I could do to get everyone fed and diapers changed! I have learned a lot about what it means to be "Mommy". We have just begun our journey into school and "big kids". I am finding my voice and the balance of authority and nurture.

I also spent a lot of the last 10 years overweight. Yes, I said it. Yes, I was aware of it. It was no secret to me. I have finally found something that works for me, and I lost 30 lbs last year. I plan to lose another 10-20 lbs this year. It's amazing how different I feel not carrying that junk around! Woohoo!!

I started this blog this year. It's been good to journal and document what our life entails. I am also loving getting to know all of you! I love browsing other blogs and getting ideas for how to be a better wife, mom and homemaker. It's so fun!

I feel I'm getting a hang of this homemaker thing. I am cooking, keeping up on laundry, and decorating in fun, creative ways. It's (mostly!) stress-free and I think I'm finding a balance of perfect & clean home vs fun & healthy home.

I am looking forward to my next 10 yrs! I think I will learn more about God, myself and the people around me. I am looking forward to challenges (kind of!) and growing. It'll be interesting to see who I am, who my husband is, and who my (teenage) kids will be then!!

What about you? What are some of the things you've learned? What do you hope to learn in the future?

5 comments:

  1. I meant to say I noticed your weight loss the last time I saw you...congrats! You're looking great! You'll have to share your secret with me. Lots to say in answer to your question, but too much to say here... =)
    Wishing you a wonderful next 10 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pregnancy-free for 19 months...that's funny. :)

    Love this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your story is much like mine... busy, wonderful, discovering, challenging, rewarding, reflective. i'm just 10 years ahead of you. don't give up on the baby thing just yet... we stopped too soon. a break, always good, but there may be a day you say one more would be nice. glad you are journaling. it's good to see where jesus has taken you on your journey and where you are headed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a huge question...don't think I can respond here! :)

    I've been pregnancy free for 5 weeks..but so far my longest is the year that we were married before finding out we were expecting. It's pretty nuts when you look at it that way.

    Love this blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea,

    I just happened to see a link to your blog on Facebook. I am so glad to hear that you and your family are doing well! You guys are always in my thoughts and prayers. I can't believe it has already been ten years since your wedding day. I can still remember waving the sparklers around! :) I hope your Christmas and New Year's are blessed, and I wish you all the greatest happiness in the world.

    Arielle

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think!