11.28.2012

{31 Lessons Learned the Hard Way} :: Lesson 26 ~ The Good Guy Always Wins

As I mentioned in my previous post, we were on vacation last week for Thanksgiving. One of the days, we went with the whole family to see the movie "Rise of the Guardians" (which I highly recommend!).


I'll try not to give too much away. It's your typical kids' movie format, good vs evil. There were a few scenes that were kind of scary for our little ones. My little Brookie made her way down the aisle to sit in my lap. As she settled in, I whispered in her ear to try to calm her, "Do you think Jack's gonna win?" She looked up at me with a big smile and said, "Yes! Because Jack's the good guy."

What a wonderful childish worldview she has. And how accurate.

I have been in the depths before and wondered if I would make it out.

I have felt despair, felt conquered, felt small.

And these are the works of the bad guy. The guy who tells lies and makes us think things will never get better.

But, the sun always rises again. The world continues to spin. Life goes on. Those dark days don't last forever. Because I know the One who gives HOPE.

I can live in hope and peace. I can live as a conqueror. Because the good guy ALWAYS wins. In the end, He wins. In my today, I can surrender and let Him win. I can focus on the One unseen...who is always there, even in the despair.

At one point during the movie, the characters are talking about evil and bad dreams and how those things will always exist. And then one of the characters gains his confidence and boldly proclaims, "Yes, it will always exist. But I don't have to FEAR it."

And isn't that the truth?? The bad guy exists. Evil exists. But we don't have to fear it!

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity
(of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), 
but [He has given us a spirit] of 
power and of love and of calm  
and well-balanced mind 
and discipline 
and self-control."
2 Timothy 1:7 AMP 

Have hope today. Be encouraged. Hold your head high. 
Because the Good Guy always wins!!

 

This post is part of the series {31 Lessons Learned the Hard Way}. Did you miss a lesson? Catch up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think!