2.28.2011

Catching Up & A Fun New Thing

Hello! It's been a while!

I am not going to waste your time by explaining all of my excuses for my lack of bloginess. Let's just say life is busy and I'm trying to be a good manager of my time and a good wife and Mommy... aka I'm a bad blogger.

Life is running fast these days, but if you're genuinely interested in what's going on around the Parsley household (because we are just THAT interesting *wink*), make sure you're following me on twitter and/or facebook. That seems much easier for me these days!

I did want to share a fun/useful/easy thing we're trying out. It's an online "job chart" for the kids. I went on and created accounts for each of them. Then I assigned various jobs--for us, this includes everything from brushing teeth to doing laundry to reading scripture to practicing basketball.

The kids are able to log on and view their jobs, check them off and earn points. They can then redeem their points for rewards that I have allowed. They range from baking cookies to lego sets and American girl dolls (you do have to pay for the tangible rewards, so the expensive rewards are worth a lot of points).

It seems to be working well for us. They don't always get their jobs done, and I still have to check and make sure some jobs are done to my standard. But, overall it is way less work than anything I've tried before. I like that it doesn't rely on me to write out or print out charts every week. It's on there and I can change it any time I want. Less time for me and more responsibility and fun for the kids. It's a win-win.

If you decide to try it out, be sure to come back and let me know if it's working for you!!

In the meantime, I'll see you on twitter or facebook or here when I make it back...

And just because he's so cute and makes my life so interesting...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think!