1.20.2010

Thrown Off

That's what this event has done to me.

I know I said I was going to show you how I have made a hotel room a home. I have made it a home. What I haven't done is take any pictures of it. Our nights have been a little crazy and I just haven't had a chance to take any pics with the kids around. I'll try to get to it today and I'll have some fun pics to share tomorrow.

I have never had to do this before...stay at a hotel (hotel = vacation, to us) and still function in normal life. The kids still have homework and school. Brad is still going to work everyday. To be honest, he's adjusting to his new role and comes home pretty tired. I am still trying to keep our family on a normal schedule.

The problem with all of this is that we're in a hotel. We are eating out for every meal which means dinner now takes 1-2 hrs instead of 30 min at home. The kids want to swim. I want to let them. This means I am trying to squeeze too much into our nights. The kids are waking up grouchy because they're not going to bed on time. Bad mom. I told them they're all going to bed on time tonight, whether they get to swim or not. We'll see if I follow up on that one...

It's a good problem to have...too much fun to have every night! How do we squeeze it in?? I'm not writing to complain...just wanted to explain a bit because I just know you're all anxiously awaiting my pictures of beds and clothes...

On another note, I saw on the news this morning they are still rescuing people from the rubble in Haiti!! What an absolute miracle that is. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think!