1.10.2010

Turn Your Eyes

upon Jesus.
Look full in His wonderful face..."

This morning at church, our pastor called people to the front to pray for healing. Brad went to play piano, and I was left standing on the front row (of our section) by myself, but surrounded by people needing prayer. As I stood there, praying, I felt like He wanted me to pray for someone who was standing close to me. I stood there for what felt like forever, trying to figure out if it was God prompting me or if I was making it up. Finally I decided it didn't matter. Either way, they were wanting prayer and I could pray with them.

After we finished praying, I started looking for Brad so I could share it with him. I wanted to make sure he knew about their situation. I found him right before it was time to start the second service.

I told him my news. He agreed that it was shocking and that we needed to continue praying for them.

Then, he said he had some news. "My news is very different" he said.

Then, he told me of a miracle that God has worked out for us. I won't share the specifics, but it is a need that we have. We haven't communicated the need to anyone, but it is something that has been weighing on me for some time. For a few years now.

This morning, He answered my quiet prayer. (actually, He's been working it out for a little while, but this morning we found out about it)

Then, Brad said, another little surprise. This wasn't a real need, but is definitely a blessing and special and fun.

I was overcome with emotion. I am so thankful for a God that takes care of me. It's like He was saying "I see your needs. I'll meet your needs and then I'll give you even more." And, it happened when I wasn't looking for it. Both of those things happened while I was "busy" praying for someone. He did it behind my back!

What an amazing God He is!


"And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace."

2 comments:

  1. Wow--sounds wonderful and fantastic! Thank you for testifying to the amazing faithfulness of our Lord. He does see, he does care, he does "immeasurably more than we can think or ask". Praise God! It was an amazing service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you know that I'm DYING to know. God is so incredibly amazing. And so often it's when we're reaching out to others that He is reaching out to us.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think!